Many men experience low libido at one point in their life. They often don’t speak up about their low sex drive out of shame, and end up feeling isolated.
In this episode, we answer a call-in question about low sex drive in men and what to do about it.
- the myth that men have higher sex drives than women
- physical and emotional reasons for lower sex drive
- what to do with mismatched libido in your relationship
- the crucial difference between spontaneous desire and responsive desire
- how to bridge the gap between libidos so both partner’s needs are met
The Marriage and Family Health Center reports that “In half the couples who come to the Marriage and Family Health Center for sexual desire problems, the man is the low desire partner.” (Myths of Sexless Marriages)
The myth of gendered libido keeps a lot of men silent about their low libido. The truth is, men and women both can experience high and low libidos. It varies person by person but also in different stages in life, health and social circumstances.
The essential thing is to communicate clearly with your partner about both of your sex drives, and figure out what kind of sex life will make both of you happy and satisfied. A combination of masturbation, fantasy and partnered sex can be negotiated to work for just about any combination of libidos!
Get Five Star Pleasure
Subscribe for one short email per week, with 5 pleasurable links to explore.
Plus, you'll get an immediate download of our most popular sex advice!