Dirty Talk is one of the most exciting sexual skills to master. Using your voice in bed offers many benefits: you can ask for more of what you want, arouse your lover with a few words and tap into your erotic creativity so sex never gets boring again.
Most people would love more erotic talk in their sex life. But few are confident enough to try it out. This guide offers a step by step process to unleash your erotic voice and get you more talkative in bed.
When most people think about erotic talk, they are thinking about “dirty talk” – raunchy, rough words exchanged in the throes of pleasure.
You can use your voice in bed to express love, to tease, to instruct, to encourage, to dominate or to transport yourself into a fantasy. Your choice of words, tone of voice and your intention all add up to create a specific experience and outcome.
So think beyond “dirty talk” and give yourself permission to use your voice in a way that is authentic to your specific erotic experience. You don’t have to pretend to be anything to tap into the power of erotic talk!
Listen to the podcast (just hit the play button at the top of this page!) for a full guide to dirty talk.
Dirty Talk: How To Get Started
- Talk about sex outside of the bedroom. Here is our favorite way to introduce sex in conversation: “I saw an article/heard a podcast about __(insert topic here)__. What do you think about that?”
- Read erotica out loud to one another. Notice what kind of dialogue turns you on.
- Listen to erotica audiobooks. Our favorites are the anthologies by Rose Caraway on Audible.com. Get a FREE audio book with your free trial membership by clicking here!
- Make noise in bed. Focus on making a sound on the exhale.
- Choose your language. Talk to your lover about what words you both like for your body parts and sex acts. Penis? Cock? Dick? Vulva? Pussy? Cunt? Don’t risk turning one another off with the wrong choice of words!
- Dirty talk doesn’t have to be dirty! Dirty talk is just one kind of erotic talk. Erotic talk can be raunchy, romantic, playful or seductive. Find your own voice!
- Describe what your lover is doing as they are doing it. Think of it as erotic narration.
- For way more tips and strategies, tune into the podcast by hitting the “play” button above!
Ready For More Pleasure?
Join us for about one email a week -
our best resources, curated links & exclusive gifts.