We get lots of requests for recommended reading! Whether you want information on the history of sex culture, advice for keeping your marriage strong or steamy erotica, we’ve got you covered.
We’ll keep adding resources as we think of them, so check back when you need your next great read!
If you have a favorite book you don’t see listed, be in touch and let us know about it!
We have stripped out links that once pointed to Amazon – let’s all get better about copying and pasting the titles into the search bar at our local library or independent bookstore!
Our Favorite Sex Books
- The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment by Jack Morin
- Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence by Esther Perel
- Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski (check out our podcast interviews with Emily here and here)
- Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch
Orgasm and Arousal
- The Clitoral Truth: The Secret World at Your Fingertips by Rebecca Chalker
- Arousal: The Secret Logic of Sexual Fantasies by Michael Bader
- The Science of Orgasm by Beverly Whipple et al.
- The Molecule of More, by Daniel Z. Lieberman and Michael E. Long
History of Sex & Sex Culture
- Sex & Punishment, by Eric Berkowitz
- The Boundaries of Desire, by Eric Berkowitz
Ethical Use Of Porn
- Ethical Porn for Dicks: A Man’s Guide to Responsible Viewing Pleasure by David J. Ley
- The Myth of Sex Addiction by David J. Ley
Exploring Kinky Sex
- Sensuous Magic by Patrick Califia
- Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us: by Jesse Bering
Open Relationships and Polyamory
- Love’s Not Color Blind by Kevin Patterson
Recovering Pleasure After Sexual Trauma
- Complete resources are in our Survivor’s Toolkit, a free collection of resources and pathways for turning towards pleasure after trauma
- Healing Sex by Staci Haines
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
Other Great Sex Books
- Big, Big Love: A Sex and Relationship Guide for People of Size (and Those Who Love Them) by Hanne Blank
- Transgender Emergence: Therapeutic Guidelines for Working with Gender-Variant People and Their Families by Arlene Istar Lev