Male bisexuality is all too often perceived as a halfway step to full gay identity. This myth silences far too many men and creates shame around very real desires. While female sexuality is perceived to be more “fluid” and “flexible” than male sexuality, many men experience some range of bisexual desires.
Male bisexuality can range from full “50/50” bisexual interest in both sex and relationships with men and women, or simply an interest in occasional threesomes with other men. What is essential is that we give men permission to express their bisexuality and explore these desires without shame or guilt.
In this interview with outspoken sex writer and podcaster Cooper S. Beckett, we explore male bisexuality and how we can support men in expressing their authentic sexual desires.
- Why male bisexuality is not taken seriously as a sexual orientation
- The range of male bisexual desires
- How to start exploring male bisexuality
- The confounding intersection of bisexuality and monogamy
- How sex positive culture can become more supportive of male bisexuality
Cooper S. Beckett is the founder of LifeOnTheSwingset.com and the author two great books about swinging and polyamory. Click here to check out our interview with Cooper about swinging, episode #172.