Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Dr. Uchenna “UC” Ossai is a sex-positive pelvic health physical therapist, sex educator and counselor. She bridges the worlds of physical therapy and sex education to support folks in optimizing pelvic floor health and sexual function.
In this interview, Dr. UC shares her expertise and wisdom about the pleasurable potential of the pelvic floor. We cover:
- What is the pelvic floor and why does it matter
- How the pelvic floor contributes to sexual pleasure
- The most common pelvic floor dysfunctions
- The cultural myth of tight vaginas
- When to get help from a pelvic health professional
- How to leverage your pelvic floor knowledge for more pleasure
- Simple things you can do to support your pelvic floor health
- A self-assessment practice to get a feel for how your pelvic floor is functioning
- Why Chris got huge tattoos of the pelvic floor on her back (curious minds can check them out here)
Tools to support your pelvic floor health and pleasure:
- The Elvie kegel trainer
- The Squatty Potty
Pelvic Floor Professional help:
- Dr. UC at YouSeeLogic.com
- Dr. UC on Instagram
- You can locate a pelvic health physical therapist near you here or here.
If you are a person of color and want support for mental health and wellness, check out this resource.