It should be acknowledged that different sexual activities inherently involve degrees of risk.
Risk comes in many forms:
– Risk of Transmission of Sexually Transmitted Infections
– Risk of Pregnancy
– Risk of Injury (through improper technique)
– Risk of Physical Abuse
– Risk of Unrequited Emotional Investment
– Risk of Loss of Requited Emotional Investment (Death, Disease)
– Risk of Embarrasment/Dishonesty/Humiliation
– Risk of Emotional Abuse / Manipulation
In short, the more we “open up” to a lover, the more risk we are taking on in all of the above categories. Most people would consider having penetrative (oral, vaginal and anal) intercourse the highest all-around risk category. Everyone has different amounts of risk they are willing to take on.
We are not sexual health experts and can not advise you on the appropriate amount of risk. Where relevant, we try to provide links to clinical information about things like infections, pregnancy and abuse.
Our only goal is to provide you with techniques and strategies for more pleasure. When you choose to share touch with someone, we see an opportunity for maximizing your relaxation, pleasure, intimacy and connection.