Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Millions of people struggle with chronic depression – and all of them have a sexuality. Yet the relationship between sex and depression is rarely discussed.
On this podcast episode, JoEllen Notte shares her wisdom about sex and depression. Hit the “play” button above to listen to this conversation. If you know someone who lives with chronic depression, consider sending them this episode. To make it easy for you at the bottom of this page there is some language for an email to send to your friends.They’ll thank you for it!
JoEllen Notte conducted a survey about sex and depression, gathering responses from over 1,000 people. She then did in-depth interviews with about 20. Her findings revealed fascinating information about sex and depression, including insights that she shares on this podcast episode. She is currently working on a book focused on sex and depression, which will be a priceless tool for so many.
In this episode we discuss:
- the sexual side effects of antidepressants
- how to work with your doctor to find the right medications to minimize sexual side effects
- strategies for reclaiming your sexuality during depressive episodes
- how to communicate with your partner about sex when you are depressed
- the importance of broadening your understanding of sexuality so you can find pleasure
- how to make more conscious decisions about sexuality while you are depressed
If you or someone you love lives with chronic depression, this is a not-to-be-missed episode.
Here is some language for a possible email to send to someone you care about. Or of course just write from your heart.
Hey there. I came across this podcast episode and thought it might be useful for you. I know it isn’t something you probably talk about with a lot of people, but I saw this and thought of you and I want you to know I care about you and respect you and thought this information might be of interest. If not, just know I care! Here’s the link to the episode: http://wp.me/p2oEB2-Kv