We get lots of requests for recommended reading! Whether you want information on the history of sex culture, advice for keeping your marriage strong or steamy erotica, we’ve got you covered.
We’ll keep adding resources as we think of them, so check back when you need your next great read!
If you have a favorite book you don’t see listed, be in touch and let us know about it!
All links go to Amazon for your convenience – but remember to check your local library or independent bookstore as well!
Our Favorite Sex Books
- The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment by Jack Morin
- Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence by Esther Perel
- Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski (check out our podcast interviews with Emily here and here)
- Passionate Marriage by David Schnarch
Female Orgasm and Arousal
- The Clitoral Truth: The Secret World at Your Fingertips by Rebecca Chalker
- Arousal: The Secret Logic of Sexual Fantasies by Michael Bader
- The Science of Orgasm by Beverly Whipple et al.
Ethical Use Of Porn
- Ethical Porn for Dicks: A Man’s Guide to Responsible Viewing Pleasure by David J. Ley
- The Myth of Sex Addiction by David J. Ley
Exploring Kinky Sex
Open Relationships and Polyamory
Recovering Pleasure After Sexual Trauma
- Healing Sex by Staci Haines
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
Other Great Sex Books
- A Billion Wicked Thoughts: What the Internet Tells Us About Sexual Relationships by Ogi Ogas and Sai Gaddam
- Big, Big Love: A Sex and Relationship Guide for People of Size (and Those Who Love Them) by Hanne BlankTransgender Emergence: Therapeutic Guidelines for Working with Gender-Variant People and Their Families by Arlene Istar Lev
- The Sleeping Beauty Series by Anne Rice
- The Sexy Librarian’s Big Book Of Erotica (check out our podcast with editor Rose Caraway here)
- Delta of Venus by Anaïs Nin
- Anthologies edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel (check out our podcast with Rachel here)
- Erotica is also fabulous to listen to! Click here to get a free audible book at Audible.com – cancel in the first 30 days and keep your free book. They have a great selection of erotica anthologies!