There is a powerful system of muscles, nerve endings and blood vessels between your legs – and maintaining this system is essential for sexual pleasure and health. On today’s episode we are joined by a special guest, Rachel Gelman, here to answer all of your questions about the relationship between the pelvic floor and great sex.
Rachel is a physical therapist specializing in pelvic floor rehabilitation. She is part of the Pelvic Health & Rehabilitation Center. With locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Berkeley, Los Gatos, and Boston, PHRC is the premiere pelvic floor rehabilitation clinic in the country with upwards of 10,000 patients treated per year. Rachel joins us to talk about the relationships between the pelvic floor muscles and sexual function and pleasure.
In this episode we cover:
- A brief tour of the pelvic floor muscles and how they function in the human body
- What everyone needs to know about how their pelvic floor affects their sexual performance
- How strengthening the pelvic muscles improves sexual function
- The most effective things you can do to take care of their pelvic floor health
- The lowdown on kegel muscles
- Can the vagina get “too loose” and is it possible to tighten the vagina for more sexual pleasure?
- What men need to know about how they can take care of their pelvis and improve or protect their sexual and prostate health