Ever have fantasies that worry you? Or wonder if your fantasies are healthy? We all do. Here’s our take on taboo fantasies.
It is essential to know the difference between sexual fantasy and desire. Fantasy is the realm of pure imagination, where anything is possible and you can do our be anything that turns you on. Desire is what you want more of in your real life. The human brain loves fantasy and imagination, and we can experience very real thrills simply by thinking about something. Think about the thrills of going to an action movie – you’d never want to be in an exploding building in real life, but it can be fun and cathartic to be in the fantasy of it while safely in your seat.
So are there any boundaries when it comes to sexual fantasy? Are there any fantasies that should be off limits? Where does sex positive ethics draw the line?
In this podcast episode (click the play button at the top of the page to start listening) we discuss the ethics of sexual fantasy. We tackle:
- Taboo fantasies – where is the line between racy and worrisome?
- The truth about the 3 most taboo fantasies: rape, incest and youth
- How fantasies affect our bodies and brains
- The intersection of mental illness and sexuality
- How to navigate sexual shame and hold yourself accountable
If you have ever been troubled by your sexual fantasies, this episode is for you!