It’s National Orgasm Day! We always like an excuse to celebrate pleasure, but orgasm is one of the most misunderstood parts of the sexual experience, and stands in as a measure of sexual success instead of an experience to be savored.
In this episode, co-hosted by therapist and author Lucie Fielding, we break down orgasm, explain what it is and how it happens in the brain, and what it is NOT!
For all of our resources on this topic please visit PleasureMechanics.com/orgasm
Speaking Of Sex Episodes About Orgasm
Here are a few of our most popular podcast episodes about orgasm:
- Episode #261: Multiple Orgasms For Every Body
- Episode #298: Expanding Orgasmic Capacity
- Episode 304: Full Body Orgasms For Every Body
- Episode 355: Are There Different Types of Orgasms? G-Spot, A-Spot, P-Spot Orgasms?
Resources Mentioned On This Episode:
- Lucie Fielding’s website and book, TransSex
- For more science and research about pleasure and orgasm check out Emily Nagoski’s book Come As You Are
- Explore your pleasure and arousal with DipseaStories, a treasure trove of audio erotic stimulation
- Intimate Justice Framework
- For a comprehensive online course on having your first orgasm, check out Vanessa Marin’s Finishing School