Please tune in to find out what is going on here at Pleasure Mechanics, what you need to do so we can stay in touch, and how you can get involved and help us keep Pleasure Mechanics alive!
Here is the email we sent to our newsletter (if you aren’t getting email from us, fix that by signing up for our free course The Erotic Essentials)
Hey friends, we need your support.
We have dedicated our lives to the work of Pleasure Mechanics for 10 years now. The goal – effective, efficient resources to bring more erotic freedom and joy to more people using the power of technology.
We knew going in that our topic was edgy. We knew it would be hard to cut through the chaos of online xxx videos to deliver quality pleasure education. We knew it wouldn’t be easy, but we also knew what was at stake: the potential to share life changing resources with more people than we could ever reach in person. We were young, optimistic and had little to lose. We were newly in love, intoxicated by the power of the somatic sex education we were both studying and teaching in San Francisco, and wanted to share the good word.
We dove in head first – quitting our jobs, investing all of our savings in our first business project and forming an LLC on our first Valentine’s Day as a couple. We faced lots of censorship over the years – losing millions of youtube views overnight when a video was flagged for being too racy, being kicked off of newsletter services, rebuilding our social media accounts over and over again. We’ve just chalked it up to part of the job.
We have never even considered letting the prudes win. Until now.
This past week, the United States Congress legalized sexual censorship in a terrible piece of legislation called SESTA. You can read the technical details here and here. Many believe it threatens the future of the entire internet.
What it means for us:
– our YouTube channel with hundreds of videos and representing thousands of hours of work was shut down, without warning or recourse.
– our other platforms are tentative. Services we rely on to get our content to you are closing the accounts of other sexuality professionals. We wake up every morning not knowing if our life’s work will still be accessible to you.
– we spend our working hours dealing with the logistics of legal compliance instead of making you amazing resources that can unlock more pleasure, transform your life and save your relationship. For two weeks now, we were not able to publish podcasts or work on the amazing courses we have brewing because of this legal nonsense that is intended to censor, silence and disempower.
– with your support, we can get extra tech support to help safeguard our work, and maybe even have a little savings account to fall back on if our month to month income from this site vanishes. Each month, our business generates a few thousand dollars. That is what we have lived on till now – we didn’t mind not making a ton of money because we are doing work we are passionate about and making a difference – the constant stream of emails thanking us for life-changing transformations have kept us going. We don’t have a safety net under us – if our site goes down, our family will be without income.
What you can do:
– the most important thing is that we can be in touch with you via email- so if you are getting this email, fabulous. We know we can reach you with updates if needed. Make sure to get on the email list of any sexuality professional you care about.
– support our work. This is our full time job and we need your help to keep it going.
- The best way (and a win-win for you!) is to enroll in a Mastery Course. Choose your erotic adventure, let us guide you and know that your dollars are paying our essential living costs.
- You can also make a monthly pledge at Patreon by clicking here.
THANK YOU – we are here to serve you, and appreciate knowing that it matters to you. We are at a crossroads – we would LOVE to give the next ten years of our life to this project. But if censorship wins, or we can’t make ends meet, we will envision new ways to offer our talents to the world (if only the Erotic Olympics were real and not just in Chris’ imagination…)
If you live in the United States, stay alert and aware. Get involved – in politics, in community, in activism, in art. Don’t let the current political climate isolate you!
We will continue creating the best erotic education we can for you for as long as we are able. We have invested our entire adult lives into this platform – and know from the thousands of emails we receive that we have made a positive impact for many. For this, we are grateful.
With your continued support, we can weather this uncertainty and continue, together as a community, for many years to come.
With love and gratitude from the bottoms of our beings,
Chris and Charlotte, Your Pleasure Mechanics
Get Five Star Pleasure
Subscribe for one short email per week, with 5 pleasurable links to explore.